Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today was a better day..

Seth and I just returned home from the hospital. Each day, Mom seems to handle things a little better. She still tends to be a little sad, but she has a constant flow of company to keep her feeling a little better. Today, Aunt June, Grandma Brumley, & Aunt Teresa were there with her. Grandma is such a ham.. her and that cellular device of hers!! Also, June's granddaughter, Brittney, and my little Seth, have fallen "in-love". Don't freak out and think bad things of us.. Bobby isn't our blood father!! lol.. Seth and Brittney are quite a site and she is just a bit more relaxed about things than Seth is! Seth walked around with a red face all afternoon!
Anyway.. Bobby looks the same. He is resting well and actually looks better than I have seen him look in the past two weeks. The ventilator was breathing for him 100%, but this morning it is down to 90%. Please pray that it will continue to come on down. They have finally figured out what is causing this. Bobby has ARDS ( acute respitory distress syndrome). The question now is what caused the infection. They are treating him with four different kinds of antibiotics, so hopefully they will do their job.
Please keep praying for a miracle. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Bob,
Hey! I just wanted to drop you a few lines. You looked really good today. I wish that you were up and talking to us, but I will take what I can get. I have to admit, I miss you and our aggravating self! Get better, cause you have missed out on so much! Seth and Brittney are getting so serious ( well, at least she is!). She said he needs to call her Babe, not Brittney or Honey!
Seriously, we all love you and miss you and can't wait till you come home! Mama and Grandma haven't left your side.. they have stayed in there with you as often as they are allowed! Get better and know we all love you very much!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Bobby
Hey just wanted you to know that your are in my prayers everyday. I am so thankful that God has already worked a miracle and I am beleiving that He is going to finish what he has started. He is faithful God that cares where we are. He is life. I love you. Hope, I am praying for you also.For strength and encouragment. I see "true love" when I see you and Bobby.I speak blessings, healing, strength in the name of Jesus for uncle Bobby and you. I can't wait to hear the wonderful testimony of how God worked a miracle. I love you
Love Tracy

Chasity said...

Pada-Doo,
This is Anna Grace. I love you and miss you. I can't wait for you to come home. I have surpises for you***
love your girl,
Anna Grace

Chasity said...

Papa-Doo,
This is Abby. I am so ready for you to go home so we can go camping. My dad will take us. Also, I need you to put a dvd player in yours and Nan's room~I can't watch my movie.hah I have been praying for you. I love you.
love your girl,
Abby-Doo