Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello!

Hello to all. I know that it has been a while since I last posted, but we have been a little busy. My poor little dog has PARVO and she has been taking up lots of my time.

I still continue to go to the cemetery every morning. I just can't keep myself away! Things are getting a little bit easier for me to deal with. The kids still ask questions. I thought that Seth really understood where Bob was and that he wasn't going to ever come back to us. BUT.. it seems he is confused. About three weeks ago, we made plans to take Mom camping for the last time this year. The kids have been pumped up and are so excited! The closer it gets to the weekend, the more Seth asks " We are going without Bob?"
Poor little Anna talks about him all the time and is often asking us if we are sad. Saturday, she had my hair pin and I said, "Give me that bobby pin or you can't go with me." She then replied, " It's not bobby pin, it's BOBBY RAY!!!".
Abby seems to be doing okay for now. It is still unreal to me. I still have to make myself realize that it is real.
Yesterday, we all went out to Grandma Brumleys for lunch. It was so good. Dressing, beans, cornbread, a "tarco" dish(that's what she calls it), and so much more. Last but not least, she made me a big bowl of chocolate pudding, and it was just delicious! I really love her and the rest of the bunch. We also got to see Aunt June and Uncle BJ. June is a hoot and BJ is the sweetest man I have ever met!
Anyhoo.. I won't bore you all any longer. Please continue to pray for our family. Thanks so much for everything!

Mandi

1 comment:

Chasity said...

Grandma Brumley is the "hoot"...she ran around her house chasing those kids. Any other Grandma would have spanked kids for running in the house, not her. She rolled around in the floor and kicked like a horse...my kids thought something was wrong. Anyhoo...she reminds me so much of Bobby. I miss him so much...love, Chas