Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday, August 2nd

Well.. today was a scary day. Chas called and woke me at 6am, saying that Bobby's lung had collapsed and that Dr. Cohen told them that his liver was failing. When I got there, the whites in Bobby's eyes were brown. It was really scary. They didn't expect him to make it through the day.
BUT.. Bobby is a fighter! He was awake most of the morning and he had a waiting room full of family and friends, but the good thing was that ALL of his kids were there. Chas, Little Bobby, Cristell, Brandon, and myself were there all day. Bobby really held on to Brandon's hand this morning. It was so sweet. Once, he lost hold of Brandon's hand, but he felt around the bed until he found it again. I know that things happen for a reason, and if our family becomes closer, then that will be great. I can't wait for him to come home and for us to have a get-together!
To Bobby, Cristell, and Brandon- thanks so much for being there today! It really meant a lot to me and I am sure that it made Bobby rest much better, knowing that we were all there together!
Also, thanks to all that came today.. we couldn't have made it without you all!
Love to all..
Mandi

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Bob,
Boy.. you scared me today! But, you proved to be the fighter that we knew you were! Are you playing tricks on us or what? lol
All of us kids were there with you today.. all of us! Please pull through this.. we have so much more to do with you!
I love you so much and can't wait to see you at home!
Mandi

Mandi said...

DEAR BOB,
I HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON TOMORROW. MY TREASURE HUNT PARTY IS IN 7 DAYS. I HOPE YOU CAN COME TILL YOU GET BETTER TODAY OR TOMORROW.
SETH

Barbara May said...

Bobby , just wanted to check in on you and see your progress. Just keep on fighting and you will pull through it.. so proud to hear all your kids were with you saturday.. if thats all you wanted was your family to get togeather then you did it so get better so you can have moore of it alive so you can see it and enjoy them. lol anyways all iwe want to hear is your better every day.. We check on you every time our net is on .Mandi did a wonderful job on this blog so get up and go home so you can enjoy all of it ..keep on fighting Bobby and to all the family your doing good too.. hang in ther;;;the HUMBLES...Johnny,Barbara,A.J.,Paula, Kayla and Breeonna......................Also Mom and John Wayne was over today and they were asking bout you and I showed them your page and they send their prayers too..also Bobby I found one of the kooliest Marbles yesterday and it wasnt fa from home so if you don't want me to find them all get well and go hunting for them yourself lol Barbara..the ground misses your footprints..

Sherri Davis said...

Mandi and family, We just wanted to let you know that Bob and you all are in our thoughts and prayers. Cathy Despain and I had our Sunday school class to pray for Bob and put all of you on our prayer list. As scary as it has been for all of you, just remember GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL! I know that when we are in the middle of tough times, sometimes it is hard to keep focused on that, but He allows things to happen to us for a reason. Sometimes, it is just for Him to get glory, but never lose sight of Him and he will carry all of you when you feel that you cannot walk alone. If you need anything, call us. I am going back to work tomorrow, but you can call me there at 3145. You know our cells and Sonic is 8787. We love you'll and pray that things get better.
Love you all,
Wm and Sherri

Cristell Strieder said...

Dad,

I am praying for you each and everyday for you to pull through this. I miss you and love you alot..

Love your daughter,

Cristell