Thursday, August 7, 2008

Update

Seth, Landen, and I just got home from Jonesboro. Bob looks so much better today. The swelling in his face has gone down. His chest, arms, hands, and legs are still swollen. I told Seth that he looked like Superman and he thought that was cool. He really does look better! Please continue to pray.. it is working!
The boys and I took Mom and Aunt Betty out for lunch today. We had dinner at Mom's favorite place.. TaMolly's. We then took Aunt Betty on a shopping spree! Her son Joe is getting married on Sat., and she needed something to wear ( like her closet isn't full enough!). She had purchased a cute jacket, loaded down with BLING BLING, and she needed a skirt to wear with it. I made the mistake of taking her to Dillards. Guess what.. she came out with about five things.. but nothing to wear with the skirt! I am telling you this because I think the world of her. She has been with Mom and Bobby all week, and she hasn't complained once! So, THANKS, Aunt Betty!
I really want to thank all of those who have stayed and visited with us. We have all grown closer through this ordeal. Mom's side of the family has really grown attached to Bobby's side of the family. They think that Grandma Brumley is just an angel.. and she is! I am looking forward to having a big welcome home party for Bobby, and I know that ALL of the family and all of the friends will be there!
Also, I want to thank my sister for updating the blog for me. As she said in the last post- she isn't as good as me at this, and I agree with her! Just kidding, Chas! You did an awesome job! I love ya!
I will post as soon as I hear any news.. Keep praying for a miracle!
love to all,
Mandi

3 comments:

Barbara May said...

Mandi,and Chas I knew you girls were strong and to know you have came from a strong Family..makes our belief stong too. Sorry i cant do much more but Pray,,,and God hears a sinners prayer too.Cause every time i go by 18 towards Bobby and Hopes place I feel god and i know that he is amswering PRAYERS..Bobby I hope you get better in a flash..You are a strong Fighter..I cant wait to see you out testifying for the Lord..and telling everyone about your Mericle..I am praying for you everyday and the only reason i get on the net when its not down is to hear the great news bout you..I forgot PAULA on the first blog i wrote.and she said mama why did you forget my name on bobbys blog so she is reading about you too..you have touched alot of peoples lives in the past few weeks..People you wouldnt even know that cares..So to let ya know THE HUMBLE's care and are thinking of you and Praying for that prayer to be answered in Jesus Name..so get up and get out of the Hospital Go home to your Family they NEED you..Johnny,Barbara,Kayla,A.J.,
Paula,and Breeonna We are caliming
your healing..God Bless all of you that have Been there for the family..Mandi thanks for calling Mamma and John to let them know how Bobby is doing..you guys are Great..

Sherry Scoggins said...

Mandi & Chas you are awesome daughters. Your mom is a angel. Bobby and Hope mean the world to us. I'm sorry we haven't got to come back over. Bobby and Hope have been in our prayers daily. If there is anything we can do, we are only a phone call away. We love you all.

-Sherry Scoggins & Family

Cristell Strieder said...

Mandi and Chasity,
Thanks for posting dad's update on this website, I am so sorry that I can't be there every minute to be beside you all. I have been very busy. Tell dad that I love him and miss him very much and that I pray for him each and every single day. I miss him calling me, on his way home from work. We sure have gotten closer these last few months, I just got him back in my life, and don't want to lose him. Thanks again. When this is all said and done with, and when he gets to come home, I would like to visit as much as possible.

Love you all,

Cristell

Jonathan and Hunter got saved the other night, and they have been praying for dad as well. They have really become little spiritual guys...