Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday, August 6th

I just talked to Aunt Betty. She told me that they are going to put Bobby on dialysis after lunch. The doctors don't seem to be giving Mom much hope, but she isn't giving up and neither are we. We know a woman that survived ARDS and she is living a perfectly normal life. God saved her and we know that he can do the same for our dad. Please pray for my parents. Pray that God will give Mom the strength that she needs to get through this. My mom is a very good lady and she has more faith than you can imagine. She is faithful to God, her church family, and everyone else around her. I know that God will take care of them, because they are so dedicated to Him.
I want to thank everyone that has been with Mom through this. Aunt Teresa, Aunt Betty, and Aunt Florence have been staying over night with Mom for these past two weeks. ALL of Bobby's family have been there every day to help support Mom. Grandma Brumley has really been a trooper! She acts like a 25 year old and I really love her! Both sides of the family have been really good about staying and helping out in any way that they can and I appreciate it. Our family has gotten much closer and it feels wonderful!
Please continue to pray for our WHOLE family. I will post again when I hear from Mom.
Thanks!
Mandi

3 comments:

Chasity said...

Dad...I am @ work today and man I would rather be there with you. This is tough, no questions about it. You really scared me on Saturday, but I will forgive you-already have :) You keep amazing us-pulling thru like you are, but you have some unfinished business here with us.
1) You have a big Christian family, and we are not letting you go (everyone thought big Greek families were tough-hah)
2) You have a lot of Grandkids who need you ( I can't remember how many total)
3) I hear the sound booth is needing you
4) MOM needs you

Anna wanted to call u last night, Abby just looked at her in disgust and said "The doctors won't let him speak to you"...oh and the look Anna Grace gave Abby after that. She just started talking to you on her play phone. You know, Ab will be starting school next week...your girl is growing up. She misses you too...she tells me everyday.

You better get soon fast, you only have about 3 or 4 weeks until the next holiday, Labor day I think. Eric is wanting to fix you his new recipe for Pork Steaks...don't make us eat without you hah! We all need tans too, so the swimming pool would be nice.

I do love you and miss you terribly. I am not giving up on you~you wouldn't give up on us. Please hurry and get better, I need you. love you, Chas

Chasity said...

Well, I thought I just posted this comment...obviously not.

to Mandi: this blog is awesome. u are doing a great job. I have been reading about ARDS Survivors and they say the journal kept during their illness is amazing to read. You have been my total support thru all of this. I will help pay ur cellphone bill next month...hah!!

to Aunt Teresa, Aunt Betty, Aunt Florence, Gary & Sue Ann, Grandma Brumley, BJ & Linda, Harold & Nelda, and anyone I left off: thanks for your constant support and staying with my Mom. Lord knows she needs each and everyone of you. You are all the most positive and loving people I have ever met. Your concerns and faith are evident.

To all of our vistors, friends, and anyone reading this blog: thanks for your prayers, thoughts, comments, & all of your support. Bobby is such a big part in all of our lives. He has many roles, husband, son, dad , Grandpa (Papa-doo),brother, uncle, friend, helper, fixer, aggrivater, sound booth tech (fancy name, hah)....have I forgotten any??? We need him to recover...NOW. Please continue to remember him, and Mom as well.
with love to all, Chasity
'I will praise you in the storm'

garyb's wife said...

Bring on the party just as soon as you are well enough! The Hospital thinks there is alot of us now, just wait till you are well enough! We will all be by your side as much as possible. Hope, I am really sorry that it has taken this for us to get to know each other. I think your an amazing woman. Your strength inspires me. Stand strong in your faith. God will provide.

Suanne