Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday, August 6th

I just returned from the hospital. They put him on dialysis after lunch. I went in to see him at about 5:30, and before I went in, Mom warned me. He has air underneath the first layer of his skin, which causes the skin to swell. The man I have always known, weighing 130 pounds soaking wet, looked to weigh about 200. His chest and arms look like Superman.. the left side of his face is so swollen, and his eye is just huge. It was so scary. The doctor said that his lungs did look better and they are doing everything they can do, but they still aren't sure what brought the ARDS on.. they still don't have an answer.
Aunt Betty is there with Mom tonight. She took my place :) . Sweet Grandma Brumley brought over her famous garden soup ( umm..) and I took over a hot fudge cake. They will enjoy their supper tonight. Last night, Meme, Chas' mother-in-law, brought over homemade macaroni and tomatoes, jack mackerel patties, and homemade cornbread. Mom said it was so good. I want to thank Meme for that. She is an awesome lady. She is so good to not only Chas and the girls, but to all of our family. She makes our holidays even more special. Danny loves her noodle salad!
Anyway, I will go for now. I will post again, just as soon as I hear from Mom.
Thanks for everything you guys are doing for us! We love you all!
Mandi

2 comments:

Chasity said...

So, I had a dream on Tuesday night that I wanted to share, but thought it was foolish. But then I got over it and decided it was my dream from God, and I am claiming it. I dreamed that I was at home and I called Mom, I can see her sitting in this recliner in a hospital room, NO ICU room. I asked her how he was doing and she said "they took him off of the vent this morning and he is ready to go back to work". Of course my reply was "they did!!!!!!!". Then my dream ended. I don't think I have ever had a dream actually from God, but I am surely going to take this one from him.
Our little cousin Mallory, maybe 10 years old or so, told me last night that she dreamed we were having a party with Uncle Bobby celebrating his miracle. I thought that was the greatest thing I have heard in 3 weeks.
I was told that Amber has had some dreams also. I have been praying for a miracle, but also for peace of mind~I think this dream has helped. Although, I have been weepy and sad, this week hasn't been as difficult as the week before. I am praying that each week from now on gets better for all of us. We still need our Miracle. Keep Praying!!!!!!!
love to all,
Chasity
'I will Praise You in the Storm'

Anonymous said...

Chas I believe in your dream also. I relly believe it is going to happen in time. We serve a great God. I are praying for them both even tho I am not there. I am there in spirit. I love you girls thanks for ya'lls support. Love Aunt Teresa